Welcome to our fairy tale !

Life is what YOU make of it so we plan on making it as awesome as possible

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Negotiating With a 2 Years Old

So, this last Tuesday, Genne was really upset that she could not get into her 'other' Mom's (Leah's) car because she wanted to go to school with Debbie. (This is pretty common, she gets sad every morning we pass Debbie's house and always tries to follow). So, I decided to take her for a walk! We went to the North Wymount area to play in their playground. They have some really cool toys there - a kitchen, high chairs for dolls, and some other (more random) toys. I was getting a bit cold, and she was not wearing the coat which she refuses to wear now, so I decided it was time to go home. This is where it gets good...

Here is our conversation:
Me: Genne, we need to go home.
Genne: No home!
Me: We need to go have some breakfast
Genne: No breakfast!
Me: You can have Chocolate milk...
Genne: No milk!

Me (a little bit impatient) : You can watch Dora
Genne: ORA! ORA! (jumping up and down)

...We struck a deal and started walking home! HA HA HA!  :) My sassy little girl.



After having a kid that doesn't talk ( he is getting there), it is really nice to be able to talk to her and have her respond... Sometimes, it is not what I want to hear, but it is better than nothing. She is turning unto quit the little chatter-box which I love very much.

I took some pictures of her while we were there too:)

 One of my favorite pictures of her... She is getting so big and it looking all grown up:(

3 comments:

Mary Ludwig said...

Fun! I'm glad that you have someone to talk to!! Toddlerhood just stinks without the cute things they say to keep you going. haha.

Leah said...

She is getting so big!! I love that she's partial to me, it makes me feel so special! She sure knows what she wants, funny girl. :)

Kelly said...

I love the pictures. She is getting so big!